thin kerf vs. thick?

Page 2 of 2

I'm
advantage
blade.
Mel I believe you have a good grasp on the subject.

I'm
advantage
blade.
For me, a thin kerf cuts better in two specific instances.
(1) on wood that's 1/4 or less, given equal quality/sharpness/etc of the blades. I'm at a loss to explain it, but I get a noticeably cleaner cut.
(2) on treated wood. (yea, go ahead and laugh, I rip/crosscut that stuff from time to time on my table saw for my neighbors...)
In just about any other case, especially the thicker or softer the wood, a full kerf works better for me.
++ Dave
I always cut treated wood outside. You are either a saint or the neighbors make it worth your while, somehow. Are they blonde, by any chance? :)
dave