The Rising Cost of Termite Vomit.

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 10:42:51 -0700, MIKE- wrote (in article ):

When I started the wife's studio two years ago, the first load ran about $6/sheet. Towards the end of the project (last fall), it was up to $10/sheet. i just saw it now at $16.

I was warned by my local lumberyard guy that the prices would be going up, similar story to why gas prices go up except instead of refineries shutting down for retooling, it is the mills.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

Wow. Yeah, IIRC... I paid around 7 bucks. 16? Starting to price themselves out. Of course, simply raising the price of everything else will cure that.

Reply to
-MIKE-

The difference is taxes and your welfare state. Not to worry, Obama will get us there all too soon.

Reply to
krw

On Sun, 17 Feb 2013 11:15:15 -0700, MIKE- wrote (in article ):

Just looked at Lowes.com, $16.55. Way to much even with the standard 10% discount. For a small window of time, 1/2" CDX plywood was nearly the same price, 'cept it all had a large radius curve preset into its shape.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce