The Lumberyard - Awesome

Tonight, watching the History Channel, Modern Marvels, The Lumberyard. Very interesting. Well worth watching.

JOAT A rolling stone gathers no moss...unless it's a hobby he does on the weekends.

Reply to
J T

Saw it, but caught it too late to record it. You're right, it was well worth watching.

Reply to
Swingman

It will be repeated on Wednesday, 12/14.05.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

I stumbled on it myself. Fascinating, especially the segment on the 50,000 year-old kauri recovered from the New Zealand swamps. The turning club I used to belong to once had a visiting turner from Australia who showed us a few bowls he turned from it.

B.

Reply to
Buddy Matlosz

Are you sure about that? Looking on my DirecTV Tivo and here I see nothing about another showing of The Lumberyard.

Leon

Certainly was... one thing puzzled me though. Given their usual level of accuracy, why did they repeated say that Eden Saw is in Portsmouth Washington. When it's in Port Townsend Wa?

Ralph E Lindberg

You are right. I must have confused it with another program (possibly Inside Grand Central Station on the National Geographic Channel). There are no more showings of "The Lumberyard" scheduled for the upcoming weeks. However, on 12/21 the Modern Marvels will feature "The Junkyard."

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon