The joys of shopping for clamps on the 'net

Doesn't it seem like some retailers go out of their way to make things confusing? Like Maytag and Mitsubishi making specific models for a retailer -- models with inconsequential differences, yet different enough to foil price match attempts.

After getting the new Garrett Wade catalog, I thought I'd look for some 36" clamps: Here's two urls - both from Amazon:

?v=glance&s=hi&n=228013Best I can tell - they're the same Bessey 36" clamp. The bottom one from Griz. But the top one for $18 and the bottom one for $13.

I doubt this was intentional obfuscation, probably just a result of front-ending Grizzly sales.

Let's see: $17 at Tool King. $14 at Coastal Tool. $17 at Woodcraft. $16 at Rockler

Maybe I'll just take a lunch break and head to Harbor Freight...

Reply to
patrick conroy

I got some clones from our Harbor Freight store for a lot cheaper price. They have several sizes on sale.

> and

> Best I can tell - they're the same Bessey 36" clamp. The bottom one from > Griz.

Reply to
Dave