The Domino

OK, I got "it" and the CT 22 vacuum, and the tennon assortment, and the Domino accessories, and the bill.

My delightful and Lovely wife bought it for me.

I'll let Nailshooter fill in the details if he sees this post. ;~)

So Nailshooter, if you are reading this, Kim and I are going over to Swingman's house to play cards tonight and I'll probably take it over with me. I'll be looking for a new story of how you see this playing out, tomorrow. LOL.

Oh, and it was WAY affordable this week before the massive price increase.

Reply to
Leon

Now, you've done it - acquired two major tools that come in color schemes which clash. I don' t know how you'll live with that Laguna bandsaw and Festool domino in the same shop.

We all could tell you would eventually cave in - too many rationalizations going on. :-)

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Slid in under the line on that sale price, eh?

Ahhh.... to be a fly on the wall.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Well, I finally got to fondle "The Domino" for a few seconds ... while Leon wasn't looking.

Man, that's one versatile piece of machinery!

We used it to slice the potatoes, cut the vegetables, open the wine, start the fire (the little 1" oak "domino's" made excellent kindling and imparted a robust, but not overpowering, flavor to the meat), and made three mission style hall tables, with slats, while the burgers were cooking ... tonight we'll see how it mixes margarita's.

Actually, it's an impressive little baby Multi-Router ... and when it grows up and learns to move on its z axis, I predict that David J. Marks will feature it in a new series.

The only con is that its gonna need a built-in Lojac so you can keep track of it. :)

Reply to
Swingman

Yeah that was funny, my wife insisted on paying and shued me away during the negotiation stage. I recall her saying that the price on the cash register was too much. They forgot to give her package pricing since I was buying the vac also. That in itself was a $75 savings in addition to the sale prices on the Domino and tennon assortment.

Reply to
Leon

"Swingman" wrote in message news:TbSdnYoZY-TiBsTbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Hummmmm, I recall an entirely different version.

My wife and I arrived at Swingman's house yesterday evening around 6 o'clock and wisely I left the Domino in the car. My wife was cheerfully greeted on the front porch as I parked the car. However, as I approached the house I heard the words something to the effect of, "there is no room in this house for a Domino", I feared that it could get ugly and felt confident that I had made the right decision to leave the Domino in the car. I cant say where those words came from, was it the MultiRouter? or was it the MultiRouter using Swingman as its speaking instrument??? Shortly after entering Swingman's house a different voice asked, Did you bring the Domino? I went back to the car and returned with the Domino, set it down and opened the case to let it air out. Swingman continued to pour wine and work the grill to the fullest extent of his mastered abilities. The Domino sat unnoticed. After dinner Swingman showed interest in looking at the Domino and I carried it over for him to examine. I could see the sparkle in his eye as he cautiously viewed and eventually fondled the tool. I suspect that he wanted to make sure that the MultiRouter would not object from a far out in the shop. As the night went on we began out weekly Odyssey of playing Canasta with an extra 5th player. Because we play a civilized game of cards we only play with an electric card shuffler, a gorgeously modified table top card table top and exquisite wooden card holders that afford the players maximum comfort and maximum card storage. Side tables were fully stocked with filled wine glasses with a popsicle soaking in each. If you have never tried this, take you most expensive wine and dunk you popsicle in it. It's a secret treat that few know about. UNFORTUNATELY Swingman only has a set of "4" exquisite wooden card holders. Swingman being the gracious host that he is elected to not use one of the 4 exquisite crafted wooden card holders himself so that his lovely wife and house guests would not suffer the penalty of having to hold the cards that we were dealt. Now the story starts to become a bit pitiful. In the first round I noticed that Swingman was having a tough time keeping up with the game in addition to holding the 79 cards that he had accumulated. Frustration was starting to cover his face and like a bolt of lightning Swingman bolted from his chair and disappeared. No one saw him leave but I spied the wooden blinds on the back door swaying a bit. Hummmm. I got up and left the house to go to the shop. There he was, closely eyeballing the angle of the blade on his TS and preparing to copy one of the Exquisitely crafted card holders. I stood near by giving all the moral support that I could muster and I swear I heard words between Swingman and the Multirouter. IIRC there was growling by one or both of them. I could faintly hear the words %&##$@# Domino over the rumble of the saw. EVENTUALLY the mission was completed and we returned to the game. Swingman obviously did not quite get the exact angles and depth of cut right as compared to the other set of 4 Exquisitely crafted card holders. His cards simply would not sit correctly in his newly built card holder and he struggled through the rest of the hand trying not to reveal the frustration that he must of felt. In another bolt to the door Swingman was back in the shop to make a few simple modifications. The results were not pretty. The card holder sat at such an angle that all the other players could see his cards. IIRC he bolted to the shop again and came back with the holder. This time however the card holder had a mortised slot in the back side and a loose tennon was sticking out. It resembled a kick stand on a bicycle as it held the card holder up in a crippled like fashion. We all tried not to stare but we could not help it. Eventually the tennon was pulled out and propped under the card holder. I strongly suspect that had Swingman been brave enough to carry the Domino out to the shop and cut the mortise he would have had much better results with that kick stand modification.

Seventeen hours later the game ended and we went home with the unused Domino in tow.

Reply to
Leon

I stand, humbly, corrected as to the chain of events.

Reply to
Swingman

frustration

... and y'all thought he was kidding, didn't you??

Swingman

We really don't need to know what the two of you do when you get together. After all, it's 2007!

I fondled a Domino at Coastal Tool on demo day.

Sooner or later, I'm gettin' one...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reply to
Leon

You screwed up. I saved that image and will be keeping it for future reference. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

If you get one before the end of the month you save $40, "F O R T Y" BUCKS !!!!!!!!

Reply to
Leon

Hehehehehe

Reply to