The Desk is Done

I've been working off and on for the last month to build a desk for my granddaughter and have posted several pictures and etc here and on a.b.p.w of the various steps I was taking. Well, it's now done and here is a link to some of the pictures. http://home.mchsi.com/~lhote5/Finished-desk/Hopedesk.htm
TIA for looking and for any comments you may have.
Larry
--
Lawrence L'Hote
Columbia, MO

Look great; I am sue that she will enjoy it.
--
Alan Bierbaum

Web Site: http://www.calanb.com
Lawrence L'Hote writes:

Looks very, very good. I hope she enjoys it a lot until she outgrows it.
Charlie Self "Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh
Larry, your resourcefulness and skill have amazed me yet again. Great looking work and I'm sure she'll love it.
Mike
I couldn't have seen what you saw in that desk. Very nice work.
Brian.

Outstanding restoration of what appeared to be a major train wreck. Was that the "original" top or a new piece of plywood.
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

Thank you, Pat. The plywood with the oak veneer I got at a yard sale for a coupla dollars. About a third had been cut off and it had some water damage. The edging was made from some scrap oak that once was a door frame. The plywood was glued to the original top(planed down to a half inch) with contact cement. The original top was several pieces of pine edge glued together. The original top had a slight warp(no surprise) but I cut it down the center, planed it down and reglued with squared edges. I'd better stop here....I could blather on for hours about this project.
Larry

Can almost hear her squeals of delight. The pulls really do something extra for the piece. Here's to hoping a lot of homework gets done on that desk!

extra
I appreciate your comments, Patrick. Currently, her room is 85% pink.....walls like Pepto Bismol...but I have a feeling she will grow out of that pink color so I painted it the antique white.
Larry