The Desk is Done

I've been working off and on for the last month to build a desk for my granddaughter and have posted several pictures and etc here and on a.b.p.w of the various steps I was taking. Well, it's now done and here is a link to some of the pictures.

for looking and for any comments you may have.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Really looks nice.

Reply to
GeraldR916

You saved another tree Larry. Great job and it all came together nicely.

Reply to
Leon

Look great; I am sue that she will enjoy it.

Reply to
Alan Bierbaum

Looks very, very good. I hope she enjoys it a lot until she outgrows it.

Charlie Self "Did you know that the White House drug test is multiple choice?" Rush Limbaugh

Reply to
Charlie Self

Larry, your resourcefulness and skill have amazed me yet again. Great looking work and I'm sure she'll love it.

Mike

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

I couldn't have seen what you saw in that desk. Very nice work.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Outstanding restoration of what appeared to be a major train wreck. Was that the "original" top or a new piece of plywood.

Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

Thank you, Pat. The plywood with the oak veneer I got at a yard sale for a coupla dollars. About a third had been cut off and it had some water damage. The edging was made from some scrap oak that once was a door frame. The plywood was glued to the original top(planed down to a half inch) with contact cement. The original top was several pieces of pine edge glued together. The original top had a slight warp(no surprise) but I cut it down the center, planed it down and reglued with squared edges. I'd better stop here....I could blather on for hours about this project.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Can almost hear her squeals of delight. The pulls really do something extra for the piece. Here's to hoping a lot of homework gets done on that desk!

Reply to
patrick conroy

I appreciate your comments, Patrick. Currently, her room is 85% pink.....walls like Pepto Bismol...but I have a feeling she will grow out of that pink color so I painted it the antique white.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote