The best table saw, put your 2 cents in

I am looking for a new cabinet saw and wanted everyones oppinion on which brands they have had luck with. Magazines always test this stuff, but I'm looking for real life experiences.

Reply to
Fredcapen

To narrow down the choices and prevent another war, ;~) how about first telling us what you are looking for in a saw and what you will be doing with it. Other wise pick one with a color you like and that you can afford. I no not recall any one complaining about their particular brand cabinet saw.

Reply to
Leon

Okay, here's my two cents, but that all this comment is worth anyway. (and I agree with Leon's point of view too) I have owned and used two table saws . The first was a Craftsman that did not perform well for me until I added a Unifence to it. My current saw is a Unisaw that performs much better in all regards to my earlier saw. Various accessories have made both saws work better. A less expensive saw with a sliding cut off table and a reliable fence could be your best value instead of buying the most expensive saw and then needing to make or use those accessories. Although I have been pleased with my Unisaw, there are some features on the Powermatics that I wish were on mine. Riving knife, dust chute under the blade to name two. Fit and finish on the PM is better than my Delta. But, I have a lot of the accessories for my saw that make my shop life easier and lots of fun. Again, 2 pennies worth of opinion (and that's a liberal estimate) Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

Opinions are like (pick your metaphor :) ), everybody has one...

My opinion is it's a worthless question w/o qualification of budgetary limitations, purpose, etc., etc., etc., ...

As for personal preference that fit my assessment of above, it was the Model 66...

Reply to
dpb

If you can't dedicate the cash to a SawStop, there's always this one:

Robatoy

If you got the cash, PM-66. If you don't have the cash, Grizzly. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Cocking the weapon, slipping the extra magazines into my bandolier, hiding the knife and mini-pistol in my sock, and putting the throwing stars in my shirt, I mumble...

Mine's a 5 HP General 650.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Soooooooooo....why didn't you get the 350? You don't like right-tilt? . . . . . . . . .

*diabolical snicker*
Reply to
Robatoy

that MAY be interpreted as a drive-by troll.

TOO BAD!!!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote: > I am looking for a new cabinet saw and wanted everyones oppinion on > which brands they have had luck with. Magazines always test this > stuff, but I'm looking for real life experiences.

Start with a UniFence.

Jack it up, drive anything that wants to call itself a cabinet saw under it.

Chances are you will be happy.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I'm right handed.

Reply to
B A R R Y

But what does politics have to do with saws?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Do the math.

650 = 300 + 350. 300 = 85% of 350.

Therefore... The 650 is 85% better than the 350, for about the same price.

Generally speaking, it's all about value! Do I have to teach youz guyz everything?

**
**
Reply to
B A R R Y