Thanks from a lurker

Greetings, I have been lurking on the wreck for most of the past year. I just wanted to say "thanks." You all have been a great resource to a newbie ww'er. I just thought I would introduce myself. I have been slowly acquiring some tools. I would say I am definitely more of a "Norm" than a "Neander." I live in London Ontario and have a good base of retail stores including the Borg, The Building Box (borg clone, just green), Dewalt factory outlet, Federated Tool (great selection of beginner to serious pro stuff) and a Lee Valley Tools. If you like Lee's catalogue, you should see the store. You can actually touch stuff! They also offer some great Saturday seminars. Since I don't have a garage, my shop consists of a 4X8 folding table on my back deck. Any time I wish to make a project I have to drag everything up from the basement. I wish I wouldn't have bought that Unisaw ;-) Although it's easier to drag with snow on the deck. I started making what turned out to be fancy firewood. But I finally got the hang of a few things including some rail and stile doors, a picnic table, a garden bench for MOSWMBO (mother of SWMBO). I even made a box for the dogs toys and used a dovetail jig for the first time (lots more firewood on that project). I need more freakin' practice trying to accurately freakin' cut mitres for freakin trim that goes around the freakin' doorways and freakin' mouldings...aaaaaggggg!!!!! Anyway, keep up the good work. All the best to you and yours in this holiday season.

"There are no facts. There is no truth. It's all just data to be manipulated." Tony Mo

Reply to
Tony Mo

Miter sled. I finally (FINALLY!!!) got perfect miters.

Reply to
Silvan

Welcome aboard, Tony.

Problem with CMS's and mitre sleds etc is that they tend to give you perfect

45 deg mitres. Problem with most houses is that no door frame, window frame or corner is ever at 90 degrees. Herein lies the art of the chippie.

Happy Xmas,

Frank

Reply to
Frank McVey

Hello there,

Tony, do I know you? This is David from Federated Tool, if you have been in the store much, I am sure we have met.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Hey David, You probably don't know me. I have been in the store a few times, but just to drool. I did go in yesterday to buy a Bethany's Hope raffle ticket. If I win, then you will most certainly know me. Tony

Reply to
Tony Mo