Thanks for the help

Thank you all for the help, Still looking for a better (safer) way of doing this. Problem is that the mullions are not flat overlays but true mullions that get profiled on both sides. the sticks start out as 3/4 x 1 x 24" . One of those times when a picture is worth a thousand words I guess ! One side resembles a tongue so if I cut that first on a large board and harvest it I can then rabbit a same thickness board, insert the mullion and then route the face side. Maybe hot glue in a couple spots would hold it temporally. Thanks again folks, will let you know what works ASAP.
I would try shaping half or the mullion on each side of a wider board, then ripping each half off and gluing them together. If painting, the seam will not show.

Right on Jack, that is the best idea I have heard. Thank you (and every body else) for replying, Great Bunch these sawdust guys !