Teddy K

The news is Teddy K has won his battle with the big "C". Having been there for a different version of his affliction, life is more important than political views and past transgressions. Even though I am diametrically opposed to his past exploits and politics, I wish him well and many more years.
"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

Not trying to be a smart ass, but have a question.
Evidently his cancer is in 100% remission.
Does that me he has won a battle, but not necessarily the war?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Only his doctors and (maybe) him know...
Those of us who have "recovered" don't wait for a final verdict, we just continue on...
"Doug Winterburn" wrote:

I hear ya young man, keep on truckin<grin>
Lew

True.
And as someone noted, the end result is the same for all of us.

Nobody gets out of life alive.
On Fri, 22 May 2009 02:46:58 GMT, the infamous "LD"

Right. Life is a sexually-transmitted, 100% fatal disease.
--
The only reason I would take up exercising is
so that I could hear heavy breathing again.

My understanding is that remission means that the cancer cannot be detected by any tests.
What this really means is the cancer is at least temporarily at bay. It can, of course, reappear at any time. That's what happened to my dad, who had a tumor on his arm. They amputated the arm, and he lived for many years in remission. But the cancer reappeared in his liver, and finally killed him.
I know someone who has the same tumor that Kennedy had. Had a 6x6 cm tumor removed from his brain. He's also in remission, and is regaining much of his memory, etc. Apparently, 15 years ago they would have written off both him and Kennedy as goners. But it's basically a crap shoot.

"David Nebenzahl" wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.
I can't think of two (2) industries that are elvoving more quickly than medicine and electronics
Lew
Doug Winterburn wrote:

Is there more information than Harry Reid's gaffe the other day -- his office had to retract that statement. Would be good if this were the case, a person with whom our company works just died from the same kind of tumor as Kennedy has after a long battle.

Mark & Juanita wrote:

I received information that Harry Reid has the beginnings of Alzheimer's. This comes from a very reputable Doctor in Nevada. This could be the reason for his almost daily gaffes. I also know that the Kennedy's have not always been truthful about some of their personal problems. Just about every Kennedy family member in one way has lied about a medical condition. So I would take this for what's it worth, considering the source!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"