Tapered rabbet door lip bit alternative?

I'm making some raised panel doors for an armoire and the plans call for using a "tapered rabbet door lip" bit along the edge. One similar to the following one Rockler sells: http://tinyurl.com/2jf6b (rocker router bit link).
Nearing the end of this project I'm reluctant to part with any more cash. What purpose does the 100 degree rabbet serve? Do I have to have it? Could I just use a 1/8" roundover and a standard rabbeting bit to do the same thing?
----- Cheers! Duke

Could
Not entirely sure what your problem is, Duke. From the look of the link you gave, it would seem that the purpose of the bit is to slightly taper the edge of the door to allow it to swing into a close fitting frame without binding. If that's the case, then I would simply follow your plan of using separate roundover and 90 deg rebate bits. If the door does bind, then ease the corner of the meeting stile with a block plane or rebate plane.
To me, the only value of that tapered rebate bit would be as a timesaver if you were doing large numbers of doors.
Cheers,
Frank