Tank Drain

Someone here suggested an automatic tank drain from Harbor Freight. I was in a Harbor Freight store a while back and picked one up for the huge sum of $10. I installed it a few days ago and strongly recommend it. It's well made and it works. Every time my compressor cycles the tank spits out water.
RB
You didn't happen to get decent instructions with it did you? I bought one a few years ago and every now and then I pull it out, look over the directions, and decide I don't have a friggin clue how to hook the thing up. Too many terms I don't understand.
-- Larry C in Auburn WA

Hey Larry, Some instructions I found on-line. Gene http://www.paragoncode.com/shop/compressor /

Hey, that looks simple enough. Thanks! Wish I wasn't tied up all day tomorrow, but maybe this week I'll get that baby installed (if I can find it again). Thanks Gene!
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Gene T" < snipped-for-privacy@nospamhawaii.rr.com> wrote in message
The directions with mine were quite clear. But even without them it was self evident. I did have to get an elbow so that it would fit under my tank without having to elevate the whole compressor above the floor.
Let me know if you need the instructions and I'll try to scan mine.
RB
Larry C wrote:

Thanks for the offer RB. I think the link Gene included looks like it will help though.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"RB" < snipped-for-privacy@spamfree.com> wrote in message
RB said:

I've been looking at this drain kit, but the web description mentions a maximum pressure of 100PSI. Is this a misprint - do your instructions differ?
My compressor regulates at 130PSI - what about yours? If the average 125PSI, do you not have any problems with it?
Thanks,
Greg G.
I run my compressor at 125 psi. The only component that could fail at this pressure is the polyurethane tubing that connects to the unloader. It's a 6 mm od, 4 mm id tube made by Tpuco (Taiwan) and is stamped WP 10K, BP 30K. Unfortunately no units are stated. Some similar products on their web site have working and bursting pressures specified in kgf/cm2. It might be that the 10K wp rating stamped on the hose is 10 kgf/cm2 or 142 psi. In any event mine is running and hasn't failed.
RB
Greg wrote:

I would install 1/4" flex copper tubing