Tales of the unkept shop...

Page 4 of 4
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 01:25:50 -0400 (EDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT) wrote:

A friend of mine who has raised 5 sons gave me some advice the other day. He said to get a good combination padlock for my tool chest and not give the combination to anyone - let them saw it off after I die. My 4 sons are starting to get to the age where they are borrowing my tools, so I'm giving it some serious thought.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Kiyu wrote:

Maybe. Everybody says I was switched at birth. :)

SWMBO never goes out there... Doesn't know a ball pein hammer from a Forstner bit, and likes it that way.
I guess I like it that way too. ;) Isn't enough room out there for both of us anyway.
My grandfather said if the kids didn't get access to tools, they would never learn. All three of his sons went on to be carpenters, and one continued on to be an Industrial Arts teacher. I think I was better at putting away my Dad's tools than he was. Now that my Dad has passed away, I have even more incentive to keep track of them.