Tabletops from TableLegs.Com ??

Has anyone bought a table top from them (TableLegs.com "Classic Designs by Mathew Burak" out in Vermont)? They make them to your specs and I am interested in ordering a few... but I have not seen any reviews.

Cheers, Shawn

PS: Also any cabinet/woodworking shops in the SF bay area that could make me a couple of maple tabletops (one for a counter and a couple for a desk) at a reasonable price? They don't need to finish, just glue up and sand flat. The national "custom wood counter" places seem to have a uniformly ridiculous price... I suppose, I could do the glue-up and find a local place with a big stationary belt sander, but I am not looking forward to ripping and joining 12' long planks of 8/4 maple....

Reply to
RimaNeas

That fills me with great confidence! Thanks for the info.

Reply to
RimaNeas

I have used the Grizzly maple bench tops for desk tops, bench tops and industrial style furniture.

<

I have even joined tops together by clamping them together, underneath, with those clamps used for the MDF countertops. You don't get a loot of options for sizes, but you can cut them up to fit your application. And I know, these are bench tops. But they work fine for other applications as well. It ain't fine furniture, but it look a lot better than laminate.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I suppose, I could do the glue-up and find a local

Depending on what level of quality you are looking for, Grizzly tools sells Maple workbench tops. They don't typically have any voids or much mineral staining. The difference between tool bench tops and kitchen tops is that t he bench tops are not all full length strips, so they will have end butt jo ints on some of the strips. Boos tops are all full length strips.

I don't know anyone who could do it at a reasonable price considering the p rice of labor. I used to do it but only have a drum sander now, not a true wide belt. I could only make money by doing them as part of a bigger projec t, usually a kitchen island.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I have use Tablelegs.com , not for table tops but for bun feet.

BE SURE to let them know exactly what you are looking for, assume nothing. I got 3 different looking glued up bun feet out of a set of 4, some were solid some were pieced together. All the same species and shape however. I ended up sending the whole batch back so that they could resend a matching set of 4. You would think that the puller would have known to do that in the first place.

Reply to
Leon