Tablesaw tilt

Hi Lars,

I used a RT saw for 15+ years. A month ago, I upgraded to a better saw which happened to be LT.

I thought it might be a big deal to get used to, but it only took a few days and I was comfortable with it.

I do like the fact that on the LT, I don't have to move the fence to the left of the blade (which means lowering the blade to slide the fence over it to the left) when I want to do a "raised panel" or something like that when you want the waste piece to fall off.

Had I known the difference years ago when I bought the original RT saw that I had, I probably would have gone LT.

Not that big a deal either way tho.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Any way to either make an extension so he could use the other hand, or maybe a big-assed wheel/handle for his right?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Depending on which side of the blade you have the fence on, I seems the vast majority are on the right; wouldn't the left tilt be safer? In talking with other folks who love woodworking and have been doing it a lot longer than I have, I have heard that with a right tilt you not only run the risk of colliding with the fence but it is possible to trap a piece of wood between (under) the blade and the fence. I personally would not like be there if/when it occurs. Mine is right tilt.

Reply to
snowdog

Correction mine is left tilt. I got Confoosed.

Reply to
snowdog

============= I have to agree...on it not beingfa big deal... "although with a Bies fence you do not have to lower the blade...just lift it off and plop it down... LOL

I have both L & R tilt saws in my shop... and switching from one to the other does not even require a single second for me to adjust... But to be honest the one saw is an older contractor saw that sits with a home made percision sled for cut off work..and ocasionally with a Dado blade in it... .

Bob Griffiths

Reply to
Bob G.

Yup - same thing with the Align-A-Rip, and I'm sure a bunch of others. Must be some fences don't lift off, otherwise I can't understand why people talk about this. If so, I've never used one.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

too many options?

sorry, I tried to keep myself from replying but couldn't resist that opening..

*g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to