Tablesaw tilt

Page 2 of 2
Highspeed wrote:

EVERYONE has an opinion on left tilt vs. right tilt. Including me. Except I forget which way my saw tilts, so I'm not sure what my opinion is at the moment.
The consensus is that there will never, ever be a consensus.

I disagree!!
*snicker*
Hi Lars,
I used a RT saw for 15+ years. A month ago, I upgraded to a better saw which happened to be LT.
I thought it might be a big deal to get used to, but it only took a few days and I was comfortable with it.
I do like the fact that on the LT, I don't have to move the fence to the left of the blade (which means lowering the blade to slide the fence over it to the left) when I want to do a "raised panel" or something like that when you want the waste piece to fall off.
Had I known the difference years ago when I bought the original RT saw that I had, I probably would have gone LT.
Not that big a deal either way tho.
Lou

============I have to agree...on it not beingfa big deal... "although with a Bies fence you do not have to lower the blade...just lift it off and plop it down... LOL
I have both L & R tilt saws in my shop... and switching from one to the other does not even require a single second for me to adjust... But to be honest the one saw is an older contractor saw that sits with a home made percision sled for cut off work..and ocasionally with a Dado blade in it... .
Bob Griffiths

Yup - same thing with the Align-A-Rip, and I'm sure a bunch of others. Must be some fences don't lift off, otherwise I can't understand why people talk about this. If so, I've never used one.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

too many options?
sorry, I tried to keep myself from replying but couldn't resist that opening.. *g*
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing