table saw wax?

Page 3 of 3
Mother's brand in the red can is pure carnuba wax for vehicles...

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 16:04:58 -0400, "Mark Hopkins"

I use Minwax paste wax. Works great. Don't use anything with silicone in it. It'll wreak havok on finishing your wood.
Johnson's Paste Wax (for floors), or something similiar
Car Wax is not appropriate
Or, you can use something like TopCoat or BoeShield T9
John

I see you got plenty of answers or where to find was. I have another suggestion.
Lee Valley (and others) sells Top Cote. It works better for me. Sprays on and you just wipe it after it dries. Boeshield is another good product.
With wax I got rust a couple of times. With Top Cote, nothing. YM will V depending on temperature, humidity, heated or unheated shop, etc. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
i use pledge or johnson paste wax
Mitch wrote:

It comes in a can, similar to car wax. There are several brands. Johnson's Paste Wax is the "classic". Butcher's Wax is also well established and is normally in stock at Home Depot--wander around the paint aisle and you should find it--if you go to <http://www.butcherwax.com/catalog.html you'll find pictures of the can so you'll know what to look for--ask the guy for "bowling alley wax" and he's more likely to know what you're talking about than if you ask for "paste wax". Briwax is another good brand. Any kind of car wax that doesn't contain silicone should also do.

--
--John
Mitch asks:

Grocery store. Paste floor wax, usually on the bottom shelf with all the liquid easy-apply junk surrounding it. Or brew your own, just for kicks.
Charlie Self "Inanimate objects are classified scientifically into three major categories - those that don't work, those that break down and those that get lost." Russell Baker

Johnson's Paste Wax. I use this on all my cast iron tables. And, it's great for furniture, window sills, etc. I found some at Lowes, WalMart, most hardware stores. Sometimes it is in the cleaning supplies. In a yellow can.