Table Saw Insert

I am trying to find a dado blade table saw insert for my 20 year old Rockwell Super 10 table saw. Tried searching net and local stores, but noone seems to stock anything.

Some information...

Rockwell Super 10" Table Saw Cat No 34-710 Serial No 204404c84

Normal blade insert is:

11 5/8 by 3 1/2 inches and about 1/8 inch thick.

-earl snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Dirtleg

How about making one out of hardwood? It would be easy enough to get the determine the width of the blade opening without having to make it "0" insert.

Don

Reply to
V.E. Dorn

Reply to
Dan Parrell

Give these guys a call, maybe they can help?

They have about 20 rockwell inserts listed, surely one of them will fit?

Remove the nospam from my address to email me!!

Reply to
Xlat

Reply to
John Crea

Use the regular insert as a pattern and cut a dado insert from MDF, using a pattern bit in a router. Use carpet tape to hold the original to the MDF. While the tools are out, make 4. It won't take much more time, and you'l have zero clearance inserts, ZC tilt inserts, etc...

Cut the opening just like you would with a zero clearance insert, except with the dado set mounted. Holding the insert in place with a

4x4, or some other large block of wood, slowly raise the spinning blade through it.

The insert can be leveled with set screws and t-nuts, or by simply putting layers of masking tape under the low corner(s).

THINK! You've got a woodshop at your disposal.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Reply to
Phisherman

Buy a plastic board of the right thickness, trace your present insert on it and cut out your new zero clearance insert.

An inexpensive alternative.

Just make one out of 1/8" MDF. Tack the stock one to the wood and use a flush trimming bit in your router to copy the exact size. Drop it in with the blade completely lowered, turn on the saw, and raise the blade. Zero clearance insert.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I did some Pergo type flooring and had enough left for dozens of zero clearance inserts. It works real well and is smooth.

Reply to
Bruce

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:59:44 -0600, "Dirtleg" wrote: I make all my inserts from 1/2" ply with small flathead screws on the underside for leveling. It doesn't take long and the resulting support and lack of tear-out is wonderful

TJB

Reply to
terry boivin

On Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:59:44 -0600, "Dirtleg" scribbled:

There you go: make a bunch of your own out of wood, plywood, MDF, or plastic (lexan or plexiglas). You could alo use melamine covered particle board and possibly other things I can't think of right now. Rough cut it and use a router with a bearing guided flush trim bit to get the exact size. Use the original insert as the template. Once it's made, clamp it in place using a board or the fence and slowly raise your dado blade into it. To adjust the height, use paper, cardboard, masking tape, or drill and tap four little set screws.

Luigi Zanasi

Reply to
Jim K

Luigi is right. I made mine just like he described from 1/2" MDF. Then I sealed and sanded w/ a urethane finish for smoothness.

Reply to
Joseph Smith