Table or bench saw

Hello, I'm re-doing some of the exterior trim around my house. I need to end up with several 4 - 9 foot long, 5 inch wide pieces of wood. As you know, a 1x6 is really 5.5 inches wide, so I need to shave off 1/2 an inch. I have a limited amount of space, so I'm considering a bench saw. I'd rather not spend a fortune, but I can't stand buying crap. Any recommendations? Should I figure out a way to make the table saw fit in my tiny shed? Thanks, Mike
On 29 Apr 2004 17:43:14 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (mt) wrote:

For exterior trim work, I think a bench saw and some roller supports would be fine. It's not like you're going for glue line rips or anything like that.
Barry
,

Another way.
My lumber yard charges $1.00 per cut, done on a table saw with a 10 foot run out bench. Comes out nice and true each time. Much better than I can do. Might want to check that option out.
Try to find someone with a table saw. Can't take more than 10 minutes to do what you want.
mt wrote:

If you don't already have the table saw, have the wood cut at the lumber yard - unless, of course, you're looking for an excus^H^H^H^H^Hgood reason to purchase a saw.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Ahhhh. Finally a voice of reason. Some SWMBOs will buy the "need to get this tool to do this job" story a few times.
- -
DL
http://www.geocities.com/dicklong14_ca/fanclub.htm

::::::::::::::::
"When you make fun of someone washing his truck, that's sad." - Jeff Kent
::::::::::::::::
Halter Sucks!
DL wrote:

I hate asking "stupid" questions but I just had to know. Google came through once again.
What is a SWMBO?
Something you're going to read frequently on these pages is the acronym (or actually, initialism) SWMBO. It's pronounced 'swimbo'. While we might be able to take credit for the initialism and pronunciation, the phrase is actually a phrase I first heard and read in the John Mortimer series 'Rumpole of the Bailey'. In it, Rumpole refers to his wife as 'She Who Must Be Obeyed', and, yes, you can hear the capitalization just as I've written it.
Richard (still laughing)
"Richard A." wrote:

Goes back further than that. H Rider Haggard's "She". Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use: