Exterior Trim Replacement

Clear wood no knotts.

Trim on my house is 2X6 rough sawn one side. Better check the local code requirements for the proper size.

Installing trim boards can be a bear. I am not that good with compound cuts so I get professional help when I have to do this project.

Reply to
SQLit

It appears the exterior cardboard junk that's used on my home's trim is Masonite. I did some research and found that a class action suit against the manufacturers of Masonite siding some years ago was successful. So far, my research indicates the settlement does not cover trim; only whole walls. Thus for now, I'm painting the trim I can but also would like to replace much of it.

Are Home Depot and Lowe's suitable enough places to buy around 20 to 40 feet of 4 inch wide (3/8 inch thick?), real wood, trim?

Anything to look out for?

Reply to
Elle