Table legs and hardware question

I have an oak wooden table (commercially made) and the legs seem to be getting loose despite having re-tightened them many times. It seems that the metal brackets that are attached to the table base are becoming bent. Does anyone know the correct name for these gadgets, and where they can be purchased? Seems like I've done a million Google searches and still cannot come up with a supplier and/or correct nomenclature. It's an angled bracket with a hole at the apex, where the bolt on the leg goes through and screwed down. The bracket ends are nailed to the table base. If I built the table, I'd use another technique for attaching the legs, but I'm not ready to toss this out, since it's in excellent shape aside from this.
Thanks very much!
Paul
Paul Wolsko wrote:

Did you try Google and "table leg braces" - attaches legs to aprons?
Josie
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:23:11 +0000, Paul Wolsko wrote:

Not sure what they're called, but Rockler has them. Since you have to remove them anyway if you were to replace them, why not just straighten them out and reattach them using screws? I made the wood version for a couple of tables I built earlier in the year. The technique was in a Woodsmith magazine article from about a year ago. It is an advantage to keep the legs removable unless you never plan on moving, otherwise you could attach the legs permanently using dowels or loose tenons.
-Doug
Paul Wolsko wrote:

Leg braces, like these? http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?pageA853&category=3,43586,43590&ccurrency=2&SID R, Tom Q

Try LeeValley.
<http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.asp?pageA853&category=3,43586,4359 0&ccurrency=1&SID=>
Bob
I know them as "metal brace plates." A thick screw with a wood thread on one end and a machined thread on the other is fitted with a nut or wing nut. The brace plates come in heavy, medium and lightweight steel. Some fit into narrow dados cut into the table rails. You could replace the metal ones with wooden braces, although metal is preferable. It should not be too difficult to make your own custom metal brace plates using a heavier sheet metal than those currently in your table. I found that as a woodworker, there are times I find myself doing a little metal work from time to time.