Suggestions wanted for wood dowel supplies in Toronto, Canada.

Hello folks,
I am asking on behalf of a relative in Toronto, and I know some of you are there / close to there, so perhaps you can help.
Lee Valley have apparently stopped selling a particular type of wooden dowel measuring 3/8" x 1 1/2" with a spiral cut in to them. Ones available from other shops (Home Depot?) are apparently of a noticably lower quality, and he is reluctant to use them.
So can anyone recommend a shop which sells high quality dowels?
Many thanks in advance,
David Paste.

Lee Valley sells very nice 8mm fluted (not spiral) dowel pins. Otherwise, Lee Valley still sells accurate long hardwood dowels that can easily be converted into suitable pins by running a block plane down one side to make a glue-release space and then cut to length. I've always gotten along fine with this method for decades.
On Sunday, 15 May 2016 14:58:47 UTC+1, BenignBodger wrote:

Thanks for the reply! I'll send the suggestion on to him now.
Cheers!
On Sun, 15 May 2016 06:40:08 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

As another posted - try the metric - or - contact Lee Valley with this concern - they might be sourcing another supplier - or - waiting for demand to justify sourcing another supplier ..
On Sunday, 15 May 2016 18:26:30 UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.ca wrote:

Thanks, I'll pass on the suggestion!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/spiral-dowel-pins-choose-size
On Monday, 16 May 2016 07:23:55 UTC+1, ChairMan wrote:

Thank you, I'll make sure he sees this.