Suggestions on new compressor?

Page 2 of 2

Swingman wrote:
SNIP

Me too. That is why I have a little Craftsman 1hp with a 3 gallon tank to go install doors, etc. with. Nice little oil splasher, and it is on sale frequently for $100.

Ditto. In a misspent youth as a house framer, we had a big Speedaire that used to run 4 framing/decking/cornice guns at once. Best compressor I ever owned, and in about 2 years of banging around in the back of truck and lots of hard work under all conditions it never even hiccupped.
I don't know if you have seen the prices, but I am hoping at the rate I am steaming towards a new shop (putt, putt, putt) I don't know if I will be able to afford one.
Robert

I've seen one in action. Cool little tool ... more portable than many tool boxes.

Just about choked on 'em last time I looked. They've doubled since it seems like just a year or so ago.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

Thanks... lots of model numbers to research!
I'm still thinking of looking at that used 2 hp/220v craftsman that bill noble has... just that the thought of a 500 mile round trip to go get it and the gas being over 3 bucks a gallon is sort of intimidating... Mac