Suggestions on new compressor?

Compressors, pressure washers and a few other things in life in my experience are alike in that it is EASY to get one that is 'just a little bit smaller that I would have liked', but almost impossible to buy one that results in the owner's commenting 'Gosh, this is just too big, I wish I would have gotten one a little smaller....'

I have a 11 hp pressure washer and a 7hp air compressor. I have asked myself ' I wonder what a little more HP would be like...' although I am very happy with the performance of both units. In both cases I bought the biggest one I could afford at the time and have never regretted it a bit. regards, Joe.

Reply to
Joe Brophy

That would be for a small one. A decent 5HP 60 or 80 gal unit is going to run $1200 and up.

When I had to replace my compressor I went on the hunt for a two stage. Long story short, I ended up with a commercial duty single stage, but it has two of the biggest pistons I've ever seen. You might say it has a nice pair of jugs. I was a bit nervous at first, but I've long since gotten over that. This thing just flat out puts out air. MSRP on these is around $1500-$1600.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Usually, HD has or had a pretty decent price.

Haven't looked lately.

$1200 sounds a bit much.

Lew

Reply to