Successor to Carver Tripp water-based finishes?

SSB1c2VkIHRvIHVzZSBDYXJ2ZXItVHJpcHAgd2F0ZXItYmFzZWQgd29vZCBzdGFpbnMgYW5kIHdh dGVyLWJhc2VkIChvciByYXRoZXIgZ2x5Y29sLWJhc2VkKSBEYW5pc2ggd2F4Lg0KDQpBcmUgcHJv ZHVjdHMgbGlrZSB0aGVzZSBtYWRlIHRvZGF5Pw0K
I never used the Carver stuff but for water based stains I have been very happy with General Finishes. Kind of an eco-green company which can't hurt. Their products are a bit different but I have found them to work quite well. Their WB stain has pigment like mud. You can either leave it un-mixed and get a wash coat effect using the liquid or you can also leave it unmixed and scoop out some of the mud and really grind in the color. Or of course mix it completly and use in a normal manner, although still thicker than most other types of stains I am familiar with. Seems to be very lightfast too. I have pieces I've kept for myself that have kept a good dark color in a sunny California livingroom for many years.