Sturdy shop drawer slides?

I am building a few carts to organize my stuff around the workshop/garage. Ideas is to also have a couple of drawers on each. Where can I find some relatively cheap heavy duty slides?

The carts will be 36" long, but I can use shorter drawers. I remember seeing very simple slides advertised a while ago, nothing fancy and probably pretty high friction, but fairly sturdy... just can't remember where.

Cheers, Shawn

Reply to
Rima Neas

Define relatively cheap, $5 or $15 or $40 each pair.

Reply to
Leon

How do you define "cheap" and "heavy duty"? I built one shop cabinet using 100lb (static) Blum 3/4 extension slides, these were around $7CAD/pr. I built another using 100lb full extension slides, at around

2.5X the price.

So far, both have held up well.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

"Rima Neas" wrote

While I purchase some high dollar drawer slides for custom kitchens, I routinely use ones identical to these on all *my* shop/utility drawers, but in brown:

used to be a place here in Houston where they were less than $3 a pair, but even at Rockler's prices they are simple, economical and perform well, even with a drawer full of wrenches used on a daily basis

Reply to
Swingman

Try a scrapyard - one dealing with electronic stuff.

The draw in my workbench is supported by a pair of heavy duty, double extension, ball bearing slides that came out of a scrap 19" rack cabinet. The draw is 38x24x11", with a couple of lift out trays, and constructed of

1" timber. Full of tools and crap it must weigh "a ton" and has been sliding in and for over 20 years with no problems.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Dandy Drawers are not that big.

But they are ultimate simplicity and cheap.

Lee Michaels

This place has pretty inexpensive slides of various types:

't ordered from them myself, but saved the link because of the low prices on slides.

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Many thanks for the info...

$12-15 is "relatively cheap" for #100 full extension ball-bearing slides--CSHardware.com seems an excellent source, I will try them. But it is also nice to know that Rockler's epoxy slides hold up. Oh, and those DandyDrawers fit the bill for a good number of things. Thanks.

Cheers, Shawn

Reply to
Rima Neas

"Cheap" is a relative term with slides.

Did you mean these:

?PARTNUM=938-223&search=Hardware%20Drawer%20Slides%20-%20Roller%20Box%20Draweror
are literally hundreds of drawer slides and the pricing starts at $2.00 a pair and goes up from there.

These are the > I am building a few carts to organize my stuff around the workshop/garage.

Reply to
Pat Barber

>Excellent, thanks. These are even better priced than the ones at CSHardware... should have waited a bit before ordering, oh well, next time.

Cheers, Shawn

Reply to
Rima Neas