Stopping in to say Hello to some old and dear friends.

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly rec alled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kr eg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only w ay to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I p ray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all o f their fingers. :D

Reply to
Jimmy McNamara

Good to see you back around. You still playing music?

Reply to
Swingman

Hey Jim!

Good to hear from you. Yeah, I still have all 9 1/2 of my upper digits. And damn, has it already been 10 years?

What are Polaroids? :-)

Reply to
Leon

an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decad e. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy i ron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fa ct. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter an d Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the on ly way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most a ll of their fingers. :D

LOL! I shut down the band on the Vegas Strip about 4 years ago, Karl. 3-1 /2 years on the Las Vegas Strip was more than enough. We had the time of o ur lives opening for Reba, Dwight Yoakum, along with Big and Rich. John Ri ch came out and wanted to "jam" a little while. An hour and a half later, his bar tab was over $1,500 so he decided to toss down the plastic and head for his bus. LOL! I've been an ordained minister for 5 years ~ pastor a ministry at an assisted living center, and actually perform weddings for a living. I know - you're all on the floor lying in sawdust at THAT statement ! LOL!

Jimmy McNamara

That's what people in Minnesota get when they stay outside too long in the winter Leon! LOL! I've actually been out here for 12 - caught up with my old bloke Phil Laird on Facebook and stay in touch with him a bit. Thought I'd drop by and pour a cup of coffee and jog some "jummywood" memories. H e referred to me as Minwax Mac and I almost spewed! LOL!

Reply to
Jimmy McNamara

Variety is the spice of life! Certainly you are living a rewarding life now.

Reply to
Leon

Phil Laird, now that is a name I have not heard in a long them. Good to hear from you Jim.

Reply to
Leon

Wow...Welcome back.

It has been quite a while since we even saw your name or Phil Laird's. Glad you are doing well.

Reply to
Pat Barber

an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decad e. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy i ron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fa ct. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter an d Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the on ly way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most a ll of their fingers. :D

Thanks Pat. Miss the woodworking - but miss the guys who helped me perfect the craft equally as much.

Reply to
Jimmy McNamara

Good to hear from you. I stole your idea for the step-stool but I haven't got around to putting the handle on it yet. Things move slow down here in Georgia.

Reply to
G. Ross

an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decad e. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy i ron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fa ct. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter an d Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the on ly way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most a ll of their fingers. :D

LOL! Take yer time but just remember: without the handle . . . it's just a stool sample! :D

Reply to
Jimmy McNamara

Well - for some of you "old timers" the name "Jummywood" may still hold an ounce of respect. I haven't been around the wreck in well over a decade. After the divorce, I was forced to sell out the shop of all the heavy iron and moved to Las Vegas. Life's been good - very good as a matter of fact. I ran across some old Polaroids of a lot of my old projects and fondly recalled the advice I received when I purchased by first biscuit cutter and Kreg jig. I learned that buying the best router bits possible was the only way to go and how to properly clean and polish the top of my table saw. I pray this group is still going strong and that everyone still has most all of their fingers.

--------------------------------------------------- "Hello" stranger.

Long time no see.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

LOL! Take yer time but just remember: without the handle . . . it's just a stool sample!

---------------------------------------- Like the ome on abpw?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Hi Jim. Nice to meet you. I don't think I've been around long enough to have met you, previously. Welcome back. Looking forward to your advice and wisdom. .... and, judging from yours and Lew's exchange, tall tales and/or humor?

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Hi Lew - been a while. Life is good! :D Keep makin' sawdust!

Reply to
Jimmy McNamara

LOL! Nothing much to share anymore, Sonny. Been out of it for a decade but still get a tingle when I hear a table saw or router crank up! :D

Reply to
Jimmy McNamara

Hey Jummy, Stumbled across your other post before this one. Still here, still have my 12 talented fingers, still have bizarre notions, but keep out of gun threads. I gave most of the shop to my youngest daughter but kept some of the ancient stuff. Downsized and moved to Carlsbad, CA where a winter storm does not leave a 6 foot snowplow berm to shovel through. Good to hear your voice Jummy. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Hey, Jim. Good to see your name again.

Reply to