Standard kitchen drawer heights?

On to the base cabinets.
ecabinets software sets a single (top) drawer opening in a base cabinet at 6". Those currently in the house are 4".
Is there a "standard" size for these? I can't find it anywhere on the web.
"manuel" wrote in message

No ... the two most important considerations behind choosing a drawer height are the cabinet opening size, and the type of drawer slides you use.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/20/07

You can observe how many cabinet makers have divided the available space in their base cabinets. One reference I was able to find was in "Cabinet Making and Millwork" by John L Feirer, an old but still valuable source. Library of Congress number 81-70659. See chapter 53. Of course, being able to custom build your cabinets allows you the opportunity to select dimensions for your particular needs. Joe G