Stain under Tung Oil ???

Any tips on applying a stain to red oak and then top coating with Tung oil? I've seen tung oil used alone (David Mark's WoodWorks show) but can it be applied over stain? If so, is the type of stain important?
Stick with an oil based stain just to be sure there's no issues, and make sure the stain sets for a day or two prior to topping with the tung oil. You should end up with a trouble free finish.
Good luck Rob
--

Remove CC for email and please visit our web site:
http://www.robswoodworking.com

Yes. No. Test on scrap.
djb
--