speed control on PC 8529 router

My PC 8529 router has 4 speeds. Up to level 3 everything is OK. When I go to speed level 4 the router starts up, comes up to speed, and then comes to a stop?
Anybody had this problem; is it an easy fix or a junk router?
Len
Garden variety, expensive to fix, brain is boogered. *******************************

On 9/28/12 5:06 PM, routerman wrote:

I go to speed level 4 the router starts up, comes up to speed, and then comes to a stop?

Actually, it's a pretty easy fix. Call porter cable. The little chip board that the variable speed knob is soldered to is easily replaced. They sent me a free one when I was having an issue.
--

-MIKE-

Thanks Mike. I will give them a call on Monday.
Len