Some interesting tools on eBay

Hi all, Believe it or not, this is not a spam. I just came across a few odd, fascinating, and/or unusual tools on eBay while I was browsing, and I thought I'd share them with y'all, who might also appreciate interesting tools. (As you can see, they're all from different sellers, and I'm not affiliated with any of them - just interested in neat tools).
First is a beautiful hand-made wood plane, #220077962558 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item "0077962558&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/220077962558_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1 I've never seen one like this - mostly I think it's visually appealing and unusual, but it also looks pretty comfortable to use. If I were more of a carver, I might attempt to make one just because I like it.
Second item is a Stanley #1 plane, #270087778634 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item '0087778634&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D270087778634%26fvi%3D1 I've heard these were sought-after collectors items, but $729 with 4+ hours to go? Sheesh. I do appreciate antique tools for their inherent value as old tools, and this old number 1 is in great shape. But for my money, that'd be a pretty nice selection of LN or Veritas or Knight planes, or even a Grizzly 8" jointer.
Third is maybe the strangest IMO - a drill with a full circular-saw attachment, #180083815822 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0083815822&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D180083815822%26fvi%3D1 Maybe this isn't that unusual to some of you, but it strikes me as a tool that represents a very different era of tool-buying or tool- manufacturing priorities. Seems like the push now is for more tools that are more specialized, not for ways to make your existing tools useful for other purposes. Also seems like a drill motor would NOT do a very good job of running a circular saw, and it seems like the shape and weight balance of this contraption would make it hard to use. Oh, well.
Hope these are interesting to someone else, Andy
Andy wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0083815822&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D180083815822%26fvi%3D1
fame for bad ideas! :-)
I hadn't seen one of these in more years than I care to remember!
Back in the 50s my Dad and I built a boat (well, built it from a from Luger Boat Kits kit) using an old electric drill and one of these contraptions. The sound and smoke (burning wood) were considerable, but it did cut oak transomes, ribs and marine ply.
The boat was a 16' semi-vee that we duck hunted from on Lake St. Louis (surrounds Montreal Island) for many years. Snow, ice, etc. were part of the sport. Dad sold the boat in 71 when he retired and moved to Florida. I'd been in the US Army for 6 years by that time and had no way to get to Canada and claim any of the stuff he left up there, including 100+ duck decoys we wacked out (not carved) from solid cedar 8X8, the blanks cut with the same idiot rig. 4 cuts to the piece then finish with a hand saw (which I do have).
Memories, but I wouldn't buy one!
Tom
On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 11:40:47 -0600, "Charlie M. 1958"

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item "0077962558&ru=http://search.ebay.com:80/220077962558_W0QQfromZR40QQfviZ1
I love the line, "all it needs is the metal parts".

A boxed and very nice example went on eBay UK a week or so back for $4000

This one went for over $1,400, and it was not what I'd call first class.

The 3rd item looks like an opportunity to saw your arm off.
What, your third arm? One hand holding the drill, one holding the saw, the third to get in the blade path.