sliding cabinet wall

I want to build a large wall cabinet (60"h x 120"w) that will be suspended in the center of an 8' high wall. It will be next to a full size pool table and I would like for it to be on tracks so that when we are shooting pool it can be moved enough to clear the butt end of a cue stick when needed. I have looked at sliding barn door hardware and that will probably work O.K. but I wanted to see what suggestions you have. Thanks in advance for your help. Robert Smith Jacksonville, Fl.
"Knotbob" wrote...

Wow, neat idea! There is available heavy-duty commercial and residential sliding door harware that would do the job. Basically an aluminum track that you would attach to the wall, and a pair of wheels that attach to the back of the cabinet at the top. Add some small casters at the bottom of the back of the cabinet so it rolls easily along the wall, and it should be a fairly easy job.
-- Timothy Juvenal www.tjwoodworking.com
Thanks, I hadn't thought about having casters on the bottom to glide on the wall. I was thinking there would have to be a track on the bottom too. Robert Hambone Slim wrote:

"Knotbob" wrote...

Thought of something else - you could hide the aluminum track behind a simple wood soffit, and let the casters on the bottom back of the cabinet roll on a wood strip on the wall. Be a nice clean look, and real solid & easy to move to boot.
-- Timothy Juvenal www.tjwoodworking.com