Skilsaw brand saws

I have a 30+ year old saw. I broke the blade guard on my saw last weekend. I do not see a model number on it anywhere. Is there anyone who could give me info on how to get a replacement part. Thanks Steve
On Mar 11, 6:49 pm, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

can you find the name that well be good start,email the name and i probaly be able to help evan1944

I bet it is Skil.

Whoa there Leon! Stay off the skinny branches! <g>
jc

And I bet, no matter who made it, he won't find a part for it unless he finds another saw he can disassemble.

No kidding unless it is the old 77, maybe.

I remember when Skill made tools.....

Yeah, you can still get that one. IIRC, they even have a magnesium model. I wonder if all parts patterns are the same, or similar enough to the old ones to be used.
My 25-30 Black & Decker circular saw died the same way this winter. I just searched for B&D repair parts, went to circular saws, there were several hundred listed, but none with my number. I just started opening each one and finally found one identical to mine, but different number. I scrolled down to the blade guard and it said "no longer available". Gee, I liked that saw, but none the less, I got a new one with a laser guide.