Silver on Walnut

Hi
I need to fix a small silver plaque (approx 2"*1") to a walnut rifle stock and I would appreciate ideas on the best way to do it. The silver piece is flat and it is to fit a flat piece of stock. I don't want any fixings showing and I cannot recess it into the wood.
Any ideas will be gratefully accepted.
http://jbweld.net/products/jbweld.php
Stephen Topp says...

Epoxy

Recess it into the wood (inlay it). It will look (and feel) terrible otherwise.
It's usual to pin them in place, rather than gluing. It's hard to stick metal to wood, without using modern glues that are impossible to remove cleanly afterwards (and a rifle worth putting a plaque on will need refinishing some day).
Thanks everyone for the info. The pin idea sound about right if I can get the right pins for the job.
Cheers