Shrinking wood on playset

I recently built an outdoor play set for my kids using ACQ-treated pine. The wood was a bit damp when I built the play set, and I expected a bit of shrinkage. I've been checking the tightness of the carriage bolts about every other week.
I've found on 3 occasions, the bolts felt surprisingly loose, and required one or more turns of the nuts to tighten.
I'm surprised how much the wood is shrinking. How long can I expect this to go on? Will the wood eventually reach a stable point? Or will this be a constant battle?
Thanks, Eric
Eric Goldsmith wrote:

About a year.
Eric Goldsmith wrote:

Are you sure it's shrinkage and not the nuts working loose from movement during play?

--
--John
Eric Goldsmith wrote:

It will eventually stop shrinking. A general rule for drying lumber is one year for every inch of thickness. The shrinkage will initially be rapid and will slow as the wood becomes drier.