Should Link Belt Upgrade Be So Loud?

Just upgraded my Delta Contractors TS with Fenner Twist Belt (1/2"). Alot less vibration but lots more noise, sounds almost like a worn bearing. Pulleys are inline, lenght is identical to the Delta belt, direction as per instructions, bearings ok. Is this normal? Is the link belt just taking a while to bed in? Any ideas much appreciated.
Rgds
Noel
noel dot hegan at virgin dot net
Are you sure the links are facing in the proper direction? I remember when I added the links to my tablesaw, the instructions said to orient them in a particular direction.

Yup. Sounds about right. I've had one on my bandsaw for long enough that it should definitely be broken in by now. It's on in the correct direction, and it's the right size and so forth. Vibration was *dramatically* reduced, but now it makes this sort of continuous swooshing noise. I wouldn't say it sounds like a worn bearing. More like dry gears.
I'm used to it. I don't miss the vibration. That thing used to jimmy jammy all over the place.
must be a delta!
dave
Silvan wrote:

You've really got a burr under your saddle about that, don't you? Ever wonder why you're the *only* guy who had that problem?
not true; there has been lots of talk about "fixes" for the vibration, before I got my Delta, Mr. Know-it-all! Nice try though; thanks for playing.
dave
Doug Miller wrote:

Noel, I remember a 'whirring' noise when my belt was new. I believe it dissipated (or I got used to it) after a couple weeks or so of moderate use. Double check the instructions to be sure you don't have it on backwards - it's supposed to be installed the opposite way then I expected it to be. Also, be sure it's not rubbing on the sheet metal belt guard that's attached over the motor pulley. sl.