short runs of flex hose vs hvac aluminum flex vs pvc pipe for DC ductwork

I've run 6" S&D up to each of the machines. I've tried to plumb the S&D right up to the self-made 6" ports, but getting all of this to fit together is not trivial. I'm thinking of plumbing the last 2 to 3 feet with a flexible pipe of some sorts. These are stationary machines, I just want to use flex to simplify the connections. Airflow-wise is good quality 6" flex hose better than say 6" flex aluminum HVAC pipe? 10' of HVAC is $10 at a shop 2 miles from here, 10' of host is at least $50 via mailorder.
I'm familiar will Bill Pentz's site. That is where I got the inspiration to even try 6". It's not been bad at all, but the flex in the final 2 to 3 feet will make it much, much simpler. Bill replied to my email and said he uses 6" flex hose, but noted his tools are moveable. In my case it's for the TS, Jointer, MS, and DP, all of which will be stationary.
Given that you are 6" all the way, using 2-3 feet of flex hose will be virtually unnoticeable. I did a test set up using 6" metal flex hose vs. 4" PVC. From an anecdotal point of view, we are talking about the difference between hurricane force suction and a nice breeze. Go for what is easiest to do. You've already done the big improvement by selecting 6". Just be sure to protect small animals from getting sucked in!
Bob
So 6" whether I opt for the cheap aluminum HVAC or the 5-times more costly smooth flex hose is probably not going to have a noticeable difference on the airflow -- given that I'm only using 2 to 3 feet max of this stuff right at the tool port. Correct?
haha, and small chunks of wood .. ouch! I did that a few nights ago. I have the TS and outfeed sitting on some 2x2x1 redwood blocks. One nudged loose and WHAM! I dont think I sustained any damage to the DC, but that was probably fortunate. I thought I noticed that the blower was a bit more noisy, but maybe I'm dreaming.
Bill P suggested I measure the amps of the unit and if it drops below 25% of baseline, then I had the Jet 12" wheel instead of the 11" one that comes std w/ the 1.5hp unit.
On 14 Dec 2004 09:52:26 -0800, "Bob"

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 11:14:26 -0700, nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote

The corrugated metal pipe that is kinda hard to bend is ok, but the aluminum dryer duct stuff is rather delicate. It dents real easy and is difficult to repair.
-Bruce

aah right.
I went to an hvac supplier, and I'm assuming it was the heavier stuff you note. I will check. Yeah, the dryer duct stuff would prolly collapse also!!