Shop Layout suggestions

I've finally finished setting up the power and finishing the walls in the new shop. I'm now trying to settle on a layout for the machines.
I'd like to hear what things people have done that have really worked out well and perhaps the things about their shop layout that drives them nuts.
My particular problem seems to be getting all the big machines near the dust collector such that I can just walk up and use them without having to move power cords or dust hose. I have a lot of space, 2 and 1/2 car garage but I do need to park one car in over night.
Thanks in advance, Kevin
I solved the dust collector problem by placing my dust collector in the middle of the back room of my shop. All of the tools that needed to be hooked up, I then placed around the DC. I used a drop down outlet to plug them all in. This works great with very short dust collection lines. All of the tools I have hooked up here have at least one side that you don't need access to (band saw, jointer, planer, sander, shaper). This side face the DC in the middle. My TShas a dedicated DC and it is has access on all sides.
I hope this helps!
Joe in Denver my shop webpage: www.the-wildings.com/shop/

Kevin Carbis spaketh...

Put everything on wheels, if you're going to be moving a car in and out, there isn't much permanence in any setup.

Having the TS in the middle is great, but I guess you can't do that in a garage. Other than that, think about the order you use the machines in.
--
McQualude