Shop Fox W1677 TS

Anybody else have this saw? I've had mine for a month and have mixed feeling about it. Going from a home-built TS, it's my first real saw and thus luxurious in many ways.
It is tremendously satisfying to make cuts with. It was not set-up out of the box. I was able to set the blade to <.001 with respect to the miter slot, but it's drifted to being out by about 2 mils. That *is* after moving it miles all over the shop in a re-arranging exercise. Forrest WWII 40T blade.
There is some cupping and dishing in the table, varying maybe +/- .005, maybe more. Shop Fox claims the manufacturing tolerance is 20 mils, which strikes me as being way too much. The wings required shimming and still aren't optimized. I said good enough after many hours.
The arbor tilt and blade height adjustment do work very smoothly, better than the Unisaw I examined.
The Biesemeyer clone fence is a mixed bag. It's a somewhat crude affair, fabricated from essentially angle and square(?) iron stock. Except for the lumpy HDPE fence face (to be replaced), it functions very well, but I find myself wishing for a more refined mechanism.
I looked at the Unisaw and was mostly impressed. I wish I had the Unifence on this saw, but I steered away from Delta because of recent reports of QC problems. The 1677 is an attractive machine. Very solid, heavy (I know--same as 1023), beautiful cream paint. Left-tilt 220V, 3 hp, which is waaay more than enough. Very heavy gauge metal cabinet.
I know that overall it will serve me well, but I think I wish I had sprung for a General or Bridgewood, or something that is another notch above this. Dave
I have the 1023 which is essentially the same. Got mine about 3 months ago. It is so far better than the imported contractor saw that I hade been using for 15+ years, that I have very few complaints.
I also had a little trouble with wing alignment. After fooling around for a couple hours, I reversed them and believe it or not, that completely solved the problem. No shimming was needed. I had miniscule runout - so little that I thought that I would not be able to improve upon it.
I have the SF fence too and I don't know what you mean by "lumpy". I have found it to be very solid, square and accurate. Maybe I don't know what a more refined fence would be like, but I am very satisfied.
The DC system is very good and the power and weight are a real plus - especially when feeding sheets of 3/4 ply through it - which I seem to be doing a lot lately.
I'd like to upgrade to the WW II for my next blade, but the Freud 60 tooth I got from Amazon is doing a good job so far and it was around $30 IIRC. No burning at all.
I expecially like the way the saw "feels". The handwheels are big, solid and silky smooth. The fences glides smoothly and locks down easily but firmly.
For $1K, I think it's a good value. I don't believe that spending twice as much would get you twice the quality - at least from what I have seen in shopping around.
Lou

Good idea about the extension wings.
A dial indicator across the fence indicates a variation of +/- .005 or more. The distribution is such that is shows up on long cuts. Not a big deal since I'm going to replace it with a wood face.
I can't fault the handwheels and locking mechanism. Very massive.
I really do like this TS. I was using it extensively yesterday and was reminded just how much. You're probably right about not getting proportional return on a 2k$ saw. Probably better to spend the money on a planer and jointer, after I find a new router, then build a Router table, etc ... Dave