Shop Fox Tools

I strolled through a tool store here in Vermont today and came across tools with the Shop Fox name on them.

Did a Google search and turned up a number of places that sell this brand.

I Never heard of this brand and am wondering if anyone here has any experience with this brand. Good or bad. Thanks

Reply to
Marty K

Shop Fox is the retail version of some Grizzly tools. Grizzly has far more models and tools.

Look at

Lee Michaels

Shop Fox is going to be priced a bit higher because you are paying the retail and shipping costs. You'll pay shipping with Grizzly.

A local tool store recently started handling Shop Fox. I own a Grizzly

1023s cabinet saw and our son owns one of their higher-end contractor table saws. They had the equivalent of both on the floor. Equivalent is a fairly good term. Other than color and plaques they are very similar to the Griz stuff. I did notice their cabinet saw had different handwheels, but other than that, no real difference.

Several of the Grizzly saws have been using Shop Fox fences for years. Pretty darned good fence.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

you may see a better motor and switches and local service. but don't bet always on costing more. I bought the shopfox version of my mill drill and not including shipping (I only paid 50.00 to have it delivered and grizzly would have charged 200.00 to deliver) I saved about 200.00 and I have a local warranty if I need parts.

Reply to
Steve knight

Really? You know it looked the machines over in the store and didn't even look at the price tags. Guess I'll have to do that next time I'm down there.

I did crawl around and look at the turnnions and motor area of the cabinet saw. they looked very similar but I don't know if the Shop Fox has its own motor. or same as Griz. Overall it felt like I was looking at my 1023 with different cosmetics. The paint and markings do make it look a little more upscale.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

my store will service the shopfox so that right there would be worth a little extra cost. but so far the cost for me has been lower for the shopfox brand and since I don't have to pay shipping it has been a fair amount cheaper. I bought my mill/drill that weighed 600# and my

17" bandsaw and all it cost me was 50.00 delivery and they brought them all the way down into my shop. though I could not talk them into lifting the mill onto a table (G)
Reply to
Steve knight

Shiraz (Sal) Balolia is the registered agent for both Grizzly Tools and Woodstock International (ShopFox).

Reply to
Nova