Shop Clothing

I too keep an old pair of shoes by the back door. They are covered with paint and dust - but the main reason I don't wear them in the house is because I make daily trips through the back yard picking up dog shit....

Some gets stepped in...and she would kill me first for tracking that crap in than sawdust...

Philski

Reply to
Philski

There's a simple solution to *that* problem -- just walk through the sawdust after you walk through the yard. :-)

Doug Miller

I recently pulled out an apron that I used to use when repairing bicycles. It worked pretty well for woodworking but it had no chest pockets. LOML dragged me to an outlet mall a couple of weeks ago. The only saving grace was that it had a Black and Decker outlet. I bought this apron:

no longer have to look for a pencil or tape measure.

Dick Durbin

Reply to
Dick Durbin

Indeed I did. Thanks to you and all for the tips and links.

JP

***************************** "The Fashionable Craftsman" ....coming soon to HGTV.
Reply to
Jay Pique

Do the pockets get full of sawdust ? Puff

=20> I no longer have to look for a pencil or tape measure.

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Try a nylon fishing shirt. These shirts usually have vented panels in back, and multiple pockets for storing stuff. I can't imagine putting an apron or coat over top of my clothes (too hot). Cabela's has a large selection of fishing shirts.

Propet shoes are ugly but comfy and cheap, and come in all sizes.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

They do on occasion my Bucket Boss apron. I just dump 'em out.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

I believe that ALL pockets, without flaps, will fill with sawdust. Some more that others but it doesn't take long to empty them AND put away all the other little stuff that accumulates in them also. :-)

BRuce

Puff Griffis wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

Ihaven't noticed that happening. I am a bit of a stickler for good dust collection so there isn't a whole lot of dust flying around my studio...shop...OK, garage.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Durbin

If you have a lathe, even the pockets *with* flaps soon fill with shavings.

So I just wear my "breasts" with pride and don't worry about it. Once they're full, they stay full, and require no further maintenance. :)

Reply to
Silvan

yep, the lathe is a pocket filler for sure! Some day i will engineer a method of collecting the majority of the lathe shavings without it also removing my clothing and then I will be able to retire. ;-)

BRuce

Silvan wrote:

Reply to
BRuce

Kevlar underpants and good crash helmet for when my wife finds out how much money I spent on new machines.and when she does and she will you wouldnt find a glue strong enough to keep the dust on my shoes.. Russell

Reply to
Russell