Shop Clothing

Page 2 of 2
shoes, I have a pair of slip on shoes that are seamless on the tops and I slip them on as i leave the house and slip them off just before I come in. http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/1004193/c/5239.html
Apron, I have one similar to the one you posted but did not pay near as much, alas it is no longer listed in on the site. I wear it all the time (in the shop!), protects from flying objects, slips of the blade and keeps the dust off the front of my clothes.
It is hard to look like a craftsman in a cloud of dust, good Lone Ranger, bad woodworker.
BRuce
Jay Pique wrote:

--
---

BRuce

BRuce <BRuce> wrote in message

I recently pulled out an apron that I used to use when repairing bicycles. It worked pretty well for woodworking but it had no chest pockets. LOML dragged me to an outlet mall a couple of weeks ago. The only saving grace was that it had a Black and Decker outlet. I bought this apron: http://www.bucketboss.com/product_detail.html?skuidQ
I no longer have to look for a pencil or tape measure.
Dick Durbin
Do the pockets get full of sawdust ? Puff

They do on occasion my Bucket Boss apron. I just dump 'em out. <G>
Barry
I believe that ALL pockets, without flaps, will fill with sawdust. Some more that others but it doesn't take long to empty them AND put away all the other little stuff that accumulates in them also. :-)
BRuce
Puff Griffis wrote:

--
---

BRuce

BRuce <BRuce> wrote:

If you have a lathe, even the pockets *with* flaps soon fill with shavings.
So I just wear my "breasts" with pride and don't worry about it. Once they're full, they stay full, and require no further maintenance. :)
yep, the lathe is a pocket filler for sure! Some day i will engineer a method of collecting the majority of the lathe shavings without it also removing my clothing and then I will be able to retire. ;-)
BRuce
Silvan wrote:

--
---

BRuce

Ihaven't noticed that happening. I am a bit of a stickler for good dust collection so there isn't a whole lot of dust flying around my studio...shop...OK, garage.
Dick

www.knappshoes.com
Knapp work shoes have a patented cushion sole that is excellent if your on unpadded concrete all day long. Carhardt carpenters pants and a leather apron when turning or routing. Also have a cronie hanging around after hours thats an office boy by day and he where his business casual Levi's Dockers that aren't presentable for him on the job anymore. They seem surprisingly durable and easily kept clean as well although I wouldn't run out to buy $40 pants to make sawdust in.
EJ
Take a look here: http://www.duluthtrading.com
You might find something useful.

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 00:46:39 GMT, "Pounds on Wood"

Indeed I did. Thanks to you and all for the tips and links.
JP ***************************** "The Fashionable Craftsman" ....coming soon to HGTV.

Try a nylon fishing shirt. These shirts usually have vented panels in back, and multiple pockets for storing stuff. I can't imagine putting an apron or coat over top of my clothes (too hot). Cabela's has a large selection of fishing shirts.

Propet shoes are ugly but comfy and cheap, and come in all sizes.
Paul