shop broom

Page 2 of 2
On 1/25/2015 9:03 AM, knuttle wrote:

That does not work for a dungeon (basement shop).
--
Jeff

On 1/25/15 9:10 AM, woodchucker wrote:

Even in a garage I would not want to blow a bunch of dust all around the shop that had already settled. Seems counterproductive.
--

-MIKE-

I am still limping along with my old brooms.
Now that I have a metal lathe it really is the best broom. The broom does not hold the chips.
--
Jeff

Sure, leaf blowers and compressed air guns are great at moving dust off a surface, but why not use a vacuum and contain all the dust? A decent one that won't howl your ears off costs about $100. I've probably got about $130 in my WD1450 with filter bags and diffuser (Ridgid calls it a muffler... but it only makes things a little quieter.)
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 1/25/2015 5:15 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

The blowers are great at getting dust that collects under cabinets, stationary machinery, or anything that a broom or vacuum wand would not easily get close to. I blow my shop out with a leaf blower about once a year, to get that stuff that you always miss or cant reach with a vac wand. Before blowing however I do sweep into piles and use my DC to suck up those poles.
On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 09:03:39 -0500, knuttle

Seems like it would blow it from the floor right into your lungs. I use a shop vac or the dust collector.

Isn't the lathe rather hard to push around the room?

:-)
--
Jeff

Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote in

Lowes (not sure if they still have them.) It is quiet and powerful. Can be used as a dust collector.
Free Software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com