Shelve plans

My daughter is into rubber stamps and ask me to make a shelve or two for her collection of rubber stamps of various sizes. Thought I would check to see if there are any sites with some plans before I started any designs of my own. Thanks

Shelves are pretty much a flat board. Some are a series of flat boards one atop the other with space between. What do you want to know or what special requirements do you have?
Norvin wrote:

Rubber stamps? Odd thing to collect. I live very near Cleveland... home of the Free Stamp... the world's largest rubber stamp. Maybe it would interest her. I've seen it up close and it's a wonder to behold...
http://images.google.com/images?q=cleveland+free+stamp
Joe Barta
I don't know of any specific plans, but one thing you might want to consider is a glass or acrylic door/cover over the front of the shelf. SWMBO doesn't like dusting, and has informed me that it might be nice to eventually have bookshelves with some kind of covers, as this would decrease dusting time. OK, sure - after the bed, the coffee table, the blanket chest, the rocking chair... Just something to think about. Good luck, Andy
Take a walk through a craft store. Rubber stamps are a big thing lately. Not only factory made ones but carving them.

CW wrote:

Yeah, since posting that I did a little looking around. I suppose I was thinking in terms of "DUPLICATE"... "PAID"... "VOID"... "AIR MAIL" etc. That's why it seemed odd to me. Decorative craft type stampers didn't occur to me.
Joe Barta
While I am sure your daughter would appreciate hand-made shelves, there are also a lot of companies that sell them. At least you could look for ideas to build your own. Places to look: www.collectors-cabinets.com www.rubberstamporganizer.com
Joe Barta wrote:

I'm still puzzled by pogues (or however they are called).
er
--
email not valid

Here's a website with a picture that's similar to what I started with and still love: http://www.frenchenvy.com /
Here's a site that has suggestions that may be of help: http://www.littlebit.com/storage/storage-stamps.htm
Why not do a Google search? Type in rubber+stamp+storage and see what you come up with. Your daughter may want to help with this. I'm assuming she makes greeting cards with her rubber stamps. You may need extra space because she'll want it before long for all those rubber stamps she can't pass up. LOL. She may even want to think about using an un-mounted system which would save her a lot of room. Here is a site that will show you what I have been using the last couple years: http://www.rubberstampconcepts.com /
Good luck and I hope she enjoys this craft as much as I do.
SAD
On 2/8/06 7:33 PM, in article yKyGf.12137$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr30.news.prodigy.com, "Norvin"