sheet goods software

Count me in for Cutlist Plus.
It'll even make part labels. <G> The program knows which way the grain runs, or that it doesn't matter, you can choose either for each material and part. It can keep track of offcuts and partial sheets and use them first.
I also find the program extremely useful for trim and molding. Put in the parts, and you can play "what-if?" with different selections of lengths. This is useful both for creating an order, and when the supplier delivers a different make-up of lengths.
Try it free @ cutlistplus.com. The free version allows something like 25 parts, and as far as I remember is fully functional, except for a few features unlikely to be of interest to a casual woodworker.
B A R R Y wrote:

::snip::
Is CutList Plus available for the Mac?
Sorry, but CutList Plus is only available for Windows XP and later.
Not worth it to me to have to use windoze.
BadAndy
--
:: Clever Sig here ::

Andy H wrote:

Oh well! Sometimes, you have to suffer to make a statement. <G>

You could possibly install Wine on OS X, seeing how it's a *nix base. DAGS if you're interested. Wine would then let you run many Windows programs on Mac (or Linux).
Puckdropper