sharpening an old backsaw

I recently purchased an old Disston #4 10" backsaw. I want to refurb the saw into a user dovetail saw, but it will need to be retoothed. I want a 14-16 tpi rip tooth with ~ 8 degrees of rake angle. My local sharpening service says he can do it for me, but a couple things make me leery of this. First, he says he will have to remove the handle in order to bring the teeth parallel to the back (saw vise interference). Second, he uses a machine to cut the teeth.
Has anyone had good luck using this kind of service to produce a good dovetail saw? Or should I send it off to someone who can do it by hand?
Any suggestions for a reputable saw sharpener? And I *know* someone is going to tell me to learn to sharpen it myself. That's a project for down the road -- and a cheaper saw.
Thanks.

I'd be surprised if the charge is reasonable enough to justify a sharpening service. I, too, have put off buying sawsets--seen lots of them at flea markets. When sharpened and set properly, a sewing needle will glide down between the teeth without falling off.
Phisherman wrote:

I think he wants a rip profile. I believe that will only work with a crosscut blade.
er
--
email not valid

I've refurbished an old Disston backsaw. I think it is pre-1900. I had to make a new handle for it. I don't understand your reluctance for the sharpening service taking the handle off. It approaches my L/N saws in performance. (All three of them) Is that a drive-by gloat? :-)
In the current issue of Fine Woodworking, there is an article addressing resharpening and re-toothing a backsaw. They have a video about it on their web site. It's part of their Master Class column.
I sharpen my own L/N dovetail saw. You can get a set from Highland Hardware for about $20 (IIRC). They also have the 4 extra slim files. Veritas has a nice tool for jointing the teeth.