Shaper spindles

I recently purchased a used shaper without spindles. Right now it is a glorified router table (it does have the router spindle). It is a 3 horse Delta that is about 10 years old and I was wondering where would be the best place to find a 1/2" and 3/4" spindle for the machine. Any help would be appreciated...used spindles would work good. Thanks!
http://www.deltawoodworking.com /
It's such an important part of the machine it pays to get the original.
PS -Don't bother with the 1/2" unless you've got a _lot_ of 1/2 cutters. Most places only carry HSS in 1/2.

Ummmm... Delta? They stock a lot of parts for their old machines. If you haven't checked with them, it's worth a try.
On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:09:24 +0000, Doug Miller wrote:

I was hoping someone here would say they had an extra spindle or two. The machine I bought is in good shape but in the process of selling the machines from the estate the spindles for my shaper got packaged with a lathe, so the fellow I bought the shaper from thought. If I can't find a used one I will definitely buy a 1/2" spindle. Delta still has them available. I have a bunch of cutters that are 1/2 and have bushings for the ones with 3/4 arbors. I don't plan on running 1 or 1 1/4 inch cutters. Most of what I build now is custom or one off parts. I may do a few raised panel doors but I doubt that I will do too many. Besides, large cutters are noisy and scare the neighbors...they might think I am building a jet engine in the garage or something. : )
Get it from Delta. I would get the 3/4" spindle. Most cutters are available in 3/4". And if it is only available in 1 1/4", you can bush it down.
Preston