Seeking someone to help complete a small project.

I have little to no means to do a small project that I have in mind, (a circular saw, a drill, and that's it!) and I am seeking someone who has a fairly decent shop, a bit of experience, and enough time that they would be willing to help me out. I have a drawing of two simple items, and I would like to open a dialogue with a hobbyist who is interested and willing to help.

I can be reached at aegis365 at hotmail dot com if needed, so that I can forward the drawing.

Thank you!

Reply to
Ante Topic Mimara

"Ante Topic Mimara" wrote in message news:LVI8SSJ438625.7865740741@anonymous...

Just a friendly hint.

Unless you can figure a way out to do this over the internet, it may be an idea to include a physical, real world location. A city, a country, etc........

Unless, of course, you live off planet or are just a figment of our collective imagination.

HTH

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Are you volunteering to discuss the project, or do you just wish to regulate how people post requests?

Not pertinent information until such time as an agreement to work on the project is decided upon. After a point where I as the seeker find someone to help (the helper), and we actually agree on how much it would cost for materials, expertise, and labor, then I would be more than pleased to provide my personal contact information via a private e-mail, rather than post it to some Usenet newsgroup where anyone can find it, for whatever nefarious reasons. One can never be too careful on the internet, as I have found out in the past.

I'll post my mailing address, as soon as everyone else on this group posts theirs. I was just asking for woodworking advice and assistance. I didn't realize I had to open up my private information to the whole world to satisfy you.

By no means am I a figment of anyone's information, and the last time I looked, I was just as earthbound as everyone else who isn't in the employ of, say, NASA... Why is it so important to you to know where I can be found?

Unless of course you really don't intend to do anything other than criticize my request for assistance with a project, quibbling over my abject failure to post to your satisfaction, instead of inquiring about the project itself. Which is what I should have expected.

Not very much, thank you.

Reply to
Ante Topic Mimara

[...]

What a horse's ass you are. My shop, which is located in Charlotte, NC is not available to you even if you happen to live across the street.

It was a reasonable request. If you had just said you lived in Boston or San Francisco, nobody else living outside those cities would need reply. As it is, I doubt anybody will.

If you need a shop, buy one.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

I've come to the conclusion, after Googling your previous newsgroup postings, that you're quite an interesting person - and quite paranoid, for some reason or another.

You're posting through anonymous remailers. You don't want to give even a general physical location. (How that equates to your "mailing address," I don't know.) Ante Topic Mimara obviously isn't your real name. Heck, you might not even be a man.

You came here asking for help. Asking for a general physical location isn't unreasonable.

Eric

Reply to
E. Hill

Didn't someone post here a while back on the proper method of the manufacture - and use - of a "Clue-Bat"? Seems like this fella needs to complete this project first.

"Ante T>>

Reply to
Hedley

I think those Google-archived posts are from everyone who uses that remailer service (which Google sees as all having come from one person) but they are not all really by the OP, no?

I'm in Cleveland, Ohio & they can't use my shop either ;)

Bert

Reply to
Bert

"Ante Topic Mimara" wrote in message

I don't need your mailing address but I'm certainly not going to spend a lot of time figuring costs, materials, etc only to find you are 1500 miles away. If you were within 50 miles, I'd contact you. Given your attitude, I don't want you in my shop anyway.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

As others have pointed out, it's pointless to "open a dialogue" on the subject if the parties are a half a continent or more away. You don't have to give your address and phone number out...just say, "I'm in Pulaski, TN" or "the Pacific Northwest" so people who aren't can move on and not waste anyone's time, including yours. Nobody will ever be able to track you down and stalk you with that scant information, but it's all the difference in the world in getting useful responses to your request.

Red flag #1 to me. I use an email remailer myself, but hotmail addresses are too often associated with ne'er-do-wells...

Red flag #2. Anonymous remailers are too often associated with ne'er-do-wells AND miscreants.

Red flag #3. If you can't even bother to give a simple description of the sort of project you're wishing to accomplish, why should anyone bother "open[ing] a dialogue" to find out whether it's even within their skill level to pursue. Although we're all enthusiasts here, we're not all highly accomplished or professional woodworkers.

So far you don't sound like someone I want to bother with. You now have an opportunity to rectify that perception.

Reply to
LRod

I didn't Google the e-mail address... I Googled "Ante Topic Mimara" for newsgroup postings.

E. Hill

What a bizarre response to Lee's suggestion that you mention what city you are in. He didn't ask you for your street address! Get a grip! With an attitude like yours you are unlikely to receive any assistance here.

Dave

Reply to
David

Just come to my office, we can discuss in person...

Reply to
Juergen Hannappel

Excellent.

R, Tom Q.

Reply to
Tom Quackenbush

Don't mind the 4 men in white coats, they are just here to help :)

Reply to
Marc

I doubt that he really wanted any work done anyway. Just trolling. From his comments, it would seem that he does this often enough that someone has tracked him down and given him some trouble over it, hence the anonymity.

Reply to
CW

| I have little to no means to do a small project that I have in | mind, (a circular saw, a drill, and that's it!) and I am seeking | someone who has a fairly decent shop, a bit of experience, and | enough time that they would be willing to help me out. I have a | drawing of two simple items, and I would like to open a dialogue | with a hobbyist who is interested and willing to help.

Fairly decent shop with 4'x8' CNC router that can accept DXF drawing inputs. I have a bit of experience, never enough time, and can read drawings of most simple items. I listen fairly well and am generally willing to help anyone willing to help themselves. If it's a matter of "do for" rather than "help", then my participation probably won't be gratis.

Stop by my shop whenever you like (It's a good idea to call first so I can be sure to be there when you arrive).

Follow the link for contact info - you'll also find a visitors' link if you'd like to look around before you arrive (though the shop has been re-arranged several times since those photos were taken).

Morris Dovey

Good one there Juergen. :-)

Mark & Juanita

Well said.