Sears RAS, need a manual or questions answered, model #113.29501

Well my neighbor was having a yard sale and the next day he gave me all that didn 't sell, well anyway I brought home a Sears RAS 12 inch, he said it ran, but it didn't have a plug, so I put a plug on it, plugged it in and the motor turns but only at a very slow speed, could it be possible that this saw is a 220 volt (I hooked it up to 110).
Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model number 113.29501?
Can anyone explain the controls on the saw?
If this is supposed to be 220 volts can it be rewired to run on 110.
I'll write later with more questions on the bench top belt sander I also got.
Thanks All Bill

I found a reference to this saw DAGS.
http://www.bobvila.com/wwwboard/messages/211034.html
HORSEPOWER.............3 VOLTAGE................120/240 AMPHERES...............13/6.5 CYCLES.................60 PHASE..................SINGLE RPM....................3450
Perhaps the writer at the above URL can give you some help...
John
Thanks, I'll give it a try Bill

Anyone have any idea when this was manufactured? Thanks Bill

In looking at it, it looks pretty close to the age of my RAS. Mine is 10". I did not know that there was a 12 inch version. My saw is about 35 years old, so yours is pretty close. From your description of your problem, I would look at the centrifugal starting switch in the end of the motor opposite of the blade. Try to blow air into that area under pressure. I have had the problem you describe several times and that solved the problem.
<<Second question, anyone have a manual for a Sears RAS 12 inch, model number 113.29501?>>
A model number starting with 113 means it was manufactured by Emerson Tool Co. Try contacting them for a manual. They might even send you one free.
Lee

Thanks, I tried the sears web sight and they list the manual, but don't carry it anymore. I'll be checking the Emerson site next.
Bill

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:33:22 GMT, "Bill Becker"

at least i think mine is. there is a cover that the springy wire enters the motor. wireing info is either on that plate or on the inside of that plate. cant remember which and the saw is out in the shop and its a lot warmer in here. lol... hope this helps.
skeez

You can find your saw at www.sears.com, go to parts, and put in your model number. There you can find your "OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS & PARTS LIST" (for you it will be part # 63161) and order it if you like. You can also find diagrams on line and order most any part online. I rehabbed a non-working 10 inch Sears bandsaw that I had received from my father several years ago. It cost less than $50 to get it back to new working condition (not looks). It served me well for several years, now I plan to give it back to my father for his new shop.
The easy ability to get parts for older Sears equipment has been a very good attribute of theirs over the years; it has always been an exceptionally good experience for me.

Bill
I have the same RAS, My blade has a 5/8" arbor for the 12" blade. And I am having trouble finding this blade. Yours the same? And I have it hooked up to 220 volts. That 12" 220 V sucker was too scarey for my friend, that is how I aquired it.

Go to McMaster-Carr, <http://www.mcmaster.com/ search for item # 3088A933
If you don't want the assorted thicknesses, buy what you need. You can then run the more popular 1" blades on the 5/8" arbor. Used mine for many years, works well.
Good luck...
Darwin
snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net writes:

Definitely try the service store. I took the parts list from my table saw and was able to get a part from a 70s table saw. It might be that it's just not available through the web site. It's at least worth a try.
Glenna
OK Thanks, Now that I've had the RAS home a couple of days, I 've looked it over and removed the covers. I found that it was wired for 220, so that was an easy fix, now it runs just fine. Everything else on the saw seams to be working, the rollers on the arm seam a little loose, I contacted Emerson and they are sending me a new manual no charge. So now that the saw is getting broken down, I took the time to look at the bench belt sander, it is a 6 inch wide and uses a 48 inch belt, this seams to be running just fine. Now for the latest, went back to my neighbors and he gave me a 25 gal air compressor, and a 12 inch craftsmen table saw, and more hand tools than I could count.
Thanks All Bill
writes:

Congratulations - its a good feeling, isn't it?
Have fun!
writes:

www.oldwwmachines.com