Sealing D-Select Pine

Hi Woodworkers,
I am building the Mike Dunbar's Shaker Cupboard from FFW and I am using some D-Select pine. It's pretty sappy and I am curious as to sealing this before I apply the milk paint finish. I presume Shellac.
Comments?
Good assumption. Either pure shellac (use dewaxed) or (IMHO) better to use the Zinsar seal coat stuff if you are painting.
news.east.cox.net wrote:

Seal Coat by Zinsser