Sawstop question- new thread

Has anyone heard or read about anyone saving their fingers/hand on one of these machines? There are so many comments on the other posts about its merit and whether it should be a mandatory feature for new saws but has it worked? And I'm not concerned about the number of hotdogs saved or the number of false firings from damp wood, etc. Thanks in advance for any true anecdotes. Marc

IIRC, there is a list of "saves" on the Sawstop website.
todd
How reliable is that info? Seems to me it would be kind of like asking a politician if he's honest.
Art

Wood Butcher wrote:

I don't doubt the anecdotes that are reported are basically factual but it doesn't tell too much other than there are at least a few "saves" or "minimizations". There's no data on total operations or even sales afaict so nothing more than there being some anecdotes is really a conclusion that can be drawn. It's as if only the total number of traffic fatalities were reported w/o any estimates of mileage traveled, etc.
And, even if there are a number of incidents reported here in response to OP, there's the same problem of not having any idea of what the overall population or usage is other than some (presumably pretty small) subset of the (unknown) total.
I'd guess it's pretty reliable. It's data that could be easily checked. I doubt SawStop is going to post false information that is so easily verified. But as others have said, it's certainly not a case study. But the question was basically has it ever worked and the answer, of course, is yes.
todd

Yes there was a poster here that bought one/some for his business. He had commented that he was having misfires and SawStop worked with him to remedy the situation. They sent replacement cartridges and IIRC some kind of diode to fix the false triggers. Seems that the electronic wrist watch some one was wearing was setting the brake off. Seems a though that same person had a trigger some days later that saved his hand.
"and whether it should be a mandatory feature for new saws " I would assume that it has a patent. We have enough government regulations why add more.If the right designed catchers mask prevented kickback accidents should it be a law.Woodturners use mask because its smart not the law.