Sawmills in South Jersey & South Eastern Pa

Does anyone know of good sawmills in the South Jersey & South Eastern Pa. areas where I can get reasonably priced rough sawn or S2S hardwood?
Philly

http://www.figuredhardwoods.com/index.html
Never tried them but have heard good things about them.
--

FF

Try Willard Brothers in Trenton, NJ {they have a web site} . . . kind of a 'full service' outfit.
For more of a 'basic sawmill' try Heacock Lumber, Plumbsteadville, PA {Just above Doylestown} - no website
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop

Just my opinion, but Willards is quite pricey for what you get. Small quantities on an as needed basis, well ok, but in any size, i.e., >50 bd ft, the prices seem a bit much for my taste. Take a ride out to Picture Rocks, near Williamsport PA area to Lewis Lumber: http://www.lewislp.com/ where I bought some serious size, got hard maple for about $3.65; cherry for $4.85 and really nice poplar for $1.50 a board foot. The web site has pricing, and the staff was very accomodating.

Mutt, The 'OP' asked about 'So. Jersey & So. E. PA' . . .
The tip about Lewis is nice, But Williamsport is sort of to the left on 'NoWhere, PA' and about the middle of the state. {I used to 'travel for business' so I DO know where it is, Lycoming, etc.}.
There are other 'small' mills a lot closer, if he wants to get a 'truckload' . . . look in just about any Lancaster County telephone book . . . a lot of Amish deal with the 'English'. Plus any number of 'better known' mills such as Herne Hardwoods, etc.
Regards, Ron Magen Backyard Boatshop {YES, I do buy on an 'As Needed' basis. Not exactly the most 'economical' but then I don't have to tie up capitol in either 'stock' or 'storage' }

Gee, sorry no offense meant. I was addressing the "reasonably priced" part of the query, as I searched in S. Jersey (but not Amish land) for the same thing, and came up empty, well, I did find 4/4 cherry for around $7 a foot, maple for $5 a foot, etc. My experience was you have to travel a few hours to get what I consider reasonable pricing, and to do that I was willing to buy size, in my case 1000 bd ft, which I split with some buddies. The savings was considerable.

Howdy!
I've been satisfied with Hearne Hardwood in Oxford as well as Groff & Groff over in Quarryville. 4/4 common cherry for $2.25; 4/4 FAS around $4 or so. Lots of other stuff...
yours, Michael
snipped-for-privacy@radix.net | White Wolf and the Phoenix