sanding turned legs

I'm using sourced turned legs for a table. The legs are poplar, nice sharp detail. I shellac them and sand between coats. I have profile tadpoles etc to help but getting into the fine recesses is a problem. If I work too much I loose the subtle detail transitions. Sorry, I don't have the turners lingo to properly spell it out. My guess is when turning ourselves we would address the details on the lathe but I don't know how. What can I use to clear raised grain in the fine recesses? I'm folding 400 and pulling it tight to get a sharp sanding egde but it's very slow going.

Reply to
BErney1014

Try

Reply to
Wilson

Reply to
Dan Parrell

Try using some abrasive cord. See:

Novak Buffalo, NY - USA (Remove "SPAM" from email address to reply)

Reply to
Nova